Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Diet And Weight Loss Advice For Vegetarians.

I bought this ebook the other day and thought it was a interesting
read and had some good recipe. It costs $11.97 but i think it is well
worth it. One of the best books i have seen for weight loss for
vegetarians.

Link to it is here - http://tinyurl.com/38dxfn

Happy cooking!, Matt

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Matt111" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I bought this ebook the other day and thought it was a interesting
> read and had some good recipe. It costs $11.97 but i think it is well
> worth it. One of the best books i have seen for weight loss for
> vegetarians.
>
> Link to it is here - http://tinyurl.com/38dxfn
>
> Happy cooking!, Matt

Who needs a book for that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
wrote:

>weight loss for
>vegetarians.

I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
> wrote:
>
>>weight loss for
>>vegetarians.

> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
low calorie. Vegan maybe.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Ward Abbott" > wrote

>> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

> They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
> low calorie. Vegan maybe.
>
> nancy

I subscribe to several vegan and veggie blogs and yeah-they can BOTH be fat,
trust me. It seems to either be that or sickly and wan. Which is why I
work so hard to make sure my DD eats right.

Lynne A

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
> wrote:
>
>>weight loss for
>>vegetarians.

> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

I can.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hell yes I used to be one. just because you do not eat meat there are
carbs, cakes, cookies, dairy and all that fun stuff.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>weight loss for
>>>vegetarians.

>> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

> I can.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:00:30 -0600, "LynneA" >
wrote:

>> They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
>> low calorie. Vegan maybe.
>>
>> nancy
>>

>I subscribe to several vegan and veggie blogs and yeah-they can BOTH be fat,
>trust me. It seems to either be that or sickly and wan. Which is why I
>work so hard to make sure my DD eats right.

Yeah....but I bet FAT people eat more Klondike bars than they eat
kale.....vbg.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:00:30 -0600, "LynneA" >
> wrote:
>
>>> They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
>>> low calorie. Vegan maybe.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>>I subscribe to several vegan and veggie blogs and yeah-they can BOTH be
>>fat,
>>trust me. It seems to either be that or sickly and wan. Which is why I
>>work so hard to make sure my DD eats right.

> Yeah....but I bet FAT people eat more Klondike bars than they eat
> kale.....vbg.

But of course, be they veggie or omni, that's always the case. It's just
that not all veggies or vegans are health nuts-some people tend to think
that they are. There is a lot of crap food that's vegan! And I've made
vegan cupcakes, let me tell you-they are LOADED with sugar. My veggie
daughter lives for ice cream, pretzels, and Luna bars. She'd live off of
cereal if I let her.

A healthy diet limits the Klondikes and encourages the kale, either way ;>)

Lynne A

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LynneA" > wrote

> But of course, be they veggie or omni, that's always the case. It's just
> that not all veggies or vegans are health nuts-some people tend to think
> that they are. There is a lot of crap food that's vegan! And I've made
> vegan cupcakes, let me tell you-they are LOADED with sugar. My veggie
> daughter lives for ice cream, pretzels, and Luna bars. She'd live off of
> cereal if I let her.
>
> A healthy diet limits the Klondikes and encourages the kale, either way
> ;>)

I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
time I found out that wasn't necessarily true. Even when I see
vegetarian dishes on a menu, it involves a lot of cheese. Not exactly
diet food. Just seems that if you want to be a vegetarian, you need
to educate yourself to make it a healthful diet. Luckily, your DD has
you to give her a good start.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
> time I found out that wasn't necessarily true. Even when I see
> vegetarian dishes on a menu, it involves a lot of cheese. Not exactly
> diet food. Just seems that if you want to be a vegetarian, you need
> to educate yourself to make it a healthful diet. Luckily, your DD has
> you to give her a good start.
>
> nancy

SHE doesn't think so, Nancy<LOL> We're working on the concept that if one
is to be vegetarian, they might want to mm, maybe, I dunno,
eat-----vegetables????LMAO She has her tried and true veggies and that's
about it, but I'm chipping away at her. She has to try anything I make, and
then she can decide.

I agree very much about educating yourself, any time you cut something major
out of your diet! A lot of veggies I've seen do eat a LOT of cheese, and
even the vegans eat a lot of not so healthy food. Not all of course, by
far-but plenty. Fake *ice cream* is still fatty. Really, it boils down to
the same thing for everyone-lots of real food, not so much of the snacky,
junky foods. (God, do I miss snacky, junky foods sometimes!LOL)

Lynne A, eating as clean as I can

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matt111" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>I bought this ebook the other day and thought it was a interesting
>> read and had some good recipe. It costs $11.97 but i think it is well
>> worth it. One of the best books i have seen for weight loss for
>> vegetarians.
>>
>> Link to it is here - http://tinyurl.com/38dxfn
>>
>> Happy cooking!, Matt
>>

> Who needs a book for that?

I think he's eating the pages of the book.

Vegetarian...Native American word meaning "Lousy Hunter".

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:00:30 -0600, "LynneA" >
> wrote:
>
>>> They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
>>> low calorie. Vegan maybe.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>>I subscribe to several vegan and veggie blogs and yeah-they can BOTH be
>>fat,
>>trust me. It seems to either be that or sickly and wan. Which is why I
>>work so hard to make sure my DD eats right.

> Yeah....but I bet FAT people eat more Klondike bars than they eat
> kale.....vbg.

No, stupid, they eat more potatoes, rice, beans and cheese, if they are not
vegan.

What a horse's ass you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" BOB" > wrote in message
. ..

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Matt111" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>I bought this ebook the other day and thought it was a interesting
>>> read and had some good recipe. It costs $11.97 but i think it is well
>>> worth it. One of the best books i have seen for weight loss for
>>> vegetarians.
>>>
>>> Link to it is here - http://tinyurl.com/38dxfn
>>>
>>> Happy cooking!, Matt
>>>

>> Who needs a book for that?
>>

> I think he's eating the pages of the book.
>
> Vegetarian...Native American word meaning "Lousy Hunter".
>
> BOB

lol

I love vegetarian food. I gained many pounds on it. To get those complete
proteins you need to have rice with your beans and cheese on top, too. WAY
too caloric, wayyy too starchy. Same with fruits like bananas. You're just
asking to get an ass like a doublewide unless you run longdistance or train
for triathlon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Ward Abbott" > wrote
>
> > On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
> > wrote:

> >>weight loss for
> >>vegetarians.

> > I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

> They exist, that's for sure. Vegetarian food is not necessarily
> low calorie. Vegan maybe.

The vast, VAST majority of vegetarians/vegans I know are *extremely*
unhealthy...

If they aren't grossly obese they are skinny to the point of
anorexic...also a goodly number of them are severe substance abusers,
e.g. alcohol/tobacco/drugs (up to and including heroin and crystal
meth), I guess that particular sector feels guilty about their
substance abuse and so seek to atone their guilt by going the "vegan"
route...

"Oh, yeah, I do a lot of coke but I don't MEAT...". Yeah, sure...

Lol...

Every single vegan I've met has not the slightest clue about combining
foods to make complete proteins or amino acids, in fact more often
than not their pantries and fridges resemble those of lazy college
frat boys (sans meat), e.g. frozen pizzas, pita pockets, tater tots,
Stouffer's mac 'n cheeze, and the like...

The several vegan restos I've been to have staff that are not only
dull looking, e.g overweight, bad skin, hair, and teeth, but they are
also dull - witted. They need to get some COMPLETE PROTEINS...there
is a reason they have BUGGY eyes, they've got thyroid problems because
of their crummy diets. This is especially true of the menopausal
women I know who are vegans, I'm like, "Girls, you need to get some
IRON...". Supplements won't cut it...

Vegetarians/vegans in any case bore the uck - fay out of me, they are
always lecturing about the evils of meat, they are picky and
impossible to cook for...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LynneA wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>

> > I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
> > time I found out that wasn't necessarily true. Even when I see
> > vegetarian dishes on a menu, it involves a lot of cheese. Not exactly
> > diet food. Just seems that if you want to be a vegetarian, you need
> > to educate yourself to make it a healthful diet. Luckily, your DD has
> > you to give her a good start.

> > nancy

> SHE doesn't think so, Nancy<LOL> We're working on the concept that if one
> is to be vegetarian, they might want to mm, maybe, I dunno,
> eat-----vegetables????LMAO She has her tried and true veggies and that's
> about it, but I'm chipping away at her. She has to try anything I make, and
> then she can decide.
>
> I agree very much about educating yourself, any time you cut something major
> out of your diet!

I mean this seriously, a woman *really* needs to be careful about
getting the right proteins, amino acids, and such in order to stay
healthy...severe nutritional deficiencies in a woman are *not* pretty.

At least how you describe her unhealthy diet, she won't be able to
have her monthly "time", let alone be able to conceive...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberBUTT wrote:

> " BOB" > wrote in message
>
> . ..
>
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message

> >> "Matt111" > wrote in message
> groups.com...

> >> Who needs a book for that?

> > I think he's eating the pages of the book.

> > Vegetarian...Native American word meaning "Lousy Hunter".

> > BOB

> lol
>
> I love vegetarian food. I gained many pounds on it. To get those complete
> proteins you need to have rice with your beans and cheese on top, too. WAY
> too caloric, wayyy too starchy.

You prolly ate cheap WHITE rice, you dumbshite....brown rice is FAR
superior in every way.

Same with fruits like bananas. You're just
> asking to get an ass like a doublewide unless you run longdistance or train
> for triathlon.

Sounds like you hoovered yer grub up, but then we all know you have an
oral "fixation"...

;--p

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote:
> I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
> time I found out that wasn't necessarily true.

It is often some sort of whacked-out attempt at a social statement, or
an attempt to be hip or "more ethical then thou." A lot of really shallow
people jump on the "fashions in food" bandwagon. And a lot of teenagers.
If you aren't going to become a nutrition scientist, you need to eat muscle
meat. Most people are way too lazy to give up meat and still get proper
nutrition.

Lack of complete proteins doesn't just make you ill, it makes you ugly.
And, I think a number of vegetarians are fat because they keep eating
starchy things trying to get what their bodies need, but their bodies need
complete protein.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> LynneA wrote:

>> SHE doesn't think so, Nancy<LOL> We're working on the concept that if
>> one
>> is to be vegetarian, they might want to mm, maybe, I dunno,
>> eat-----vegetables????LMAO She has her tried and true veggies and that's
>> about it, but I'm chipping away at her. She has to try anything I make,
>> and
>> then she can decide.
>>
>> I agree very much about educating yourself, any time you cut something
>> major
>> out of your diet!

> I mean this seriously, a woman *really* needs to be careful about
> getting the right proteins, amino acids, and such in order to stay
> healthy...severe nutritional deficiencies in a woman are *not* pretty.
>
> At least how you describe her unhealthy diet, she won't be able to
> have her monthly "time", let alone be able to conceive...
>

> :-)
>

> --
> Best
> Greg

Believe me, I'm VERY careful to make sure she does eat right, she just
doesn't always *appreciate* that fact<LOL> When she told me she wanted to
go veggie, I told her I would support her fully, on one condition-she had
to eat the way I told her to be sure she was healthy. Of course, she's 13,
so she's just naturally ornery about everything, not just food!

Lynne A

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>> I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
>> time I found out that wasn't necessarily true.

..
> And, I think a number of vegetarians are fat because they keep eating
> starchy things trying to get what their bodies need, but their bodies need
> complete protein.

I am not a vegetarian, but I actually don't like meat at all. When I find
myself being hungry 24/7, and feeling fatigued easily, even though I'm
snacking almost constantly (on real food), it dawns on me that I need some
meat. Then I'm OK for a few days. I get plenty of milk and cheese and
eggs, but there is just something about getting some meat that keeps me from
being hungry all the time (well, every 2 hours, like a baby!). Yes, I would
be a ax-handle across if I snacked on the wrong food when this happens.

I keep fish in the freezer all the time, but somehow I just don't think of
it; nor chicken, nor pork, nor beef. I just never want it.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 02:40:10 -0700, Matt111 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> weight loss for
>>> vegetarians.

>> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

> I can.

I was a vegetarian for 20 years. I've been fat all my life.

Serene

--
Spin the auto-sig generator, and she says:

"The authors of the gospels were unlettered and ignorant men and
the teachings of Jesus have come to us mutilated, misstated and
unintelligible." Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message

>>> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

>> I can.

> I was a vegetarian for 20 years. I've been fat all my life.

The thing is, ALL of my "trigger foods," the ones I want to eat too much of,
are non-deadanimal. Mooshy, gooshy, warm comfort food. Hot bread and butter.
Mac and cheese. REFRIED BEANS! Black beans and rice. Rotini al dente with
spinach and garlic and parm cheese! Black bean burritos.

And best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) of all, it's cheaper
than muscle meat.

The fattest I ever got was when I ate such things to get cheap, complete
proteins. I was just in school, not enough time to make enough money for
more expensive food, then out of school and starting over at the bottom of
the pay scale and just plain poor. Add anxiety over money and leaving my
bartending gig, and there I was eating this great carby fatty stuff at
night.

Oooo, yayah, I was Abundannnnnza!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> The vast, VAST majority of vegetarians/vegans I know are *extremely*
> unhealthy...
>
> If they aren't grossly obese they are skinny to the point of
> anorexic...also a goodly number of them are severe substance abusers,
> e.g. alcohol/tobacco/drugs (up to and including heroin and crystal
> meth), I guess that particular sector feels guilty about their
> substance abuse and so seek to atone their guilt by going the "vegan"
> route...
>
> "Oh, yeah, I do a lot of coke but I don't MEAT...". Yeah, sure...
>
> Lol...
>
> Every single vegan I've met has not the slightest clue about combining
> foods to make complete proteins or amino acids, in fact more often
> than not their pantries and fridges resemble those of lazy college
> frat boys (sans meat), e.g. frozen pizzas, pita pockets, tater tots,
> Stouffer's mac 'n cheeze, and the like...
>
> The several vegan restos I've been to have staff that are not only
> dull looking, e.g overweight, bad skin, hair, and teeth, but they are
> also dull - witted. They need to get some COMPLETE PROTEINS...there
> is a reason they have BUGGY eyes, they've got thyroid problems because
> of their crummy diets. This is especially true of the menopausal
> women I know who are vegans, I'm like, "Girls, you need to get some
> IRON...". Supplements won't cut it...
>
> Vegetarians/vegans in any case bore the uck - fay out of me, they are
> always lecturing about the evils of meat, they are picky and
> impossible to cook for...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Interesting comments. I was a vegetarian for one year, to the date, the
experience was enlightening. My youngest son is a vegetarian, he is 6'
2" tall and he weighs 135 pounds. He is a musician, a neat freak and he
is very picky about what he eats, yet he can not keep his hands off
drugs. He is a handsome young man with big, beautiful green eyes and
long lashes. He is over 21 and he does not live at home. I hope for the
best, that is all I can do at this point. It is sad to see young people
ruin their lives with drugs.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

LynneA wrote:

> Believe me, I'm VERY careful to make sure she does eat right, she just
> doesn't always *appreciate* that fact<LOL> When she told me she wanted to
> go veggie, I told her I would support her fully, on one condition-she had
> to eat the way I told her to be sure she was healthy. Of course, she's 13,
> so she's just naturally ornery about everything, not just food!
>
> Lynne A

Children learn fast. You can teach them all about amino acids, essential
amino acids and combining complimentary protein sources, in one day.
Exploring the options that are available to them may take a little more
time. My youngest son was 6 yrs old when he decided to be a vegetarian,
but he was able to recite the information to me, whether he had a full
understanding about it, or not.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message

> Children learn fast. You can teach them all about amino acids, essential
> amino acids and combining complimentary protein sources, in one day.
> Exploring the options that are available to them may take a little more
> time. My youngest son was 6 yrs old when he decided to be a vegetarian,
> but he was able to recite the information to me, whether he had a full
> understanding about it, or not.
>
> Becca

That is a good point, Becca-she's quite old enough to learn the things she
needs to know to be a healthy vegetarian. She's going to a fashion show
this afternoon, but tomorrow after school, I'm on it!

Thanks,
Lynne A

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm wondering which came first.
Is vegans' apparent ill health from inadequacies in the diet?
Or are sick people drawn to the diet for some reason?

I know that nutritionists say that one can get all the nutrients one
needs from a vegan diet, but it takes a lot of work and paying
attention. You can't just put a meat, veg and potato on the table and
assume you're getting all you need. You have to think about protein
sources, iron, B12, fats, etc., and you have to keep thinking about them
all the time without ever letting down your guard.

I've noticed that a huge problem with a vegan diet, and a problem that
escapes the notice of many people, is the one about just getting
sufficient calories. If the vegan is trying to go the all natural route
without a lot of processed foods, the amount of fiber in the diet will
be enormous. It takes an immense amount of chewing and shoveling in of
food to get enough calories from brown rice and vegetables. Winter
squashes are denser, and oil and nuts have concentrated calories, but
mostly it's hard to eat enough. That could be why vegans are drawn to
convenience junk food. They're hungry, and the pizzas with soy cheese
provide calories.

In general, it's the lack of stored calories that cause women to stop
ovulating and therefore to stop menstruating. It isn't necessarily
something wrong with the mix of proteins, carbs and fats, just
insufficient intake of all of them. Of course, there could be a lot of
medical reasons for something to go wrong the menstrual cycle, some that
have nothing to do with diet.

I have the same questions about vegans and drug use. Which came first?
If there's a connection (I haven't noticed one outside of occasional
anecdotal evidence), was there something crazy about a person that made
him drawn to both drugs and the odd diet, maybe something off about his
metabolism that made meat disagree with him and drugs make him feel
better? Or does someone choose the vegan diet first, then develop the
craving for drugs? Or do drugs lead to veganism?

--Lia

31 day weight loss ass General Cooking 0 14-03-2012 03:24 PM
The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health, VolksVegan Vegan 0 04-12-2010 08:41 PM
Natural weight loss tactics to lose weight forever and never gain itback. All the weight-loss secrets! mada General Cooking 0 18-08-2010 03:31 PM
Low-Glycemic Load Diet Facilitates Weight Loss in Overweight Adultswith High Insulin Secretion Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 2 16-12-2005 02:31 PM
Weight loss study on high carb vegan diet Neal D Barnard. Beach Runner Vegan 0 09-09-2005 05:33 PM