Posted to rec.food.cooking
LynneA LynneA is offline

Default Diet And Weight Loss Advice For Vegetarians.

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> I did have the image that vegetarians were health conscious. Over
> time I found out that wasn't necessarily true. Even when I see
> vegetarian dishes on a menu, it involves a lot of cheese. Not exactly
> diet food. Just seems that if you want to be a vegetarian, you need
> to educate yourself to make it a healthful diet. Luckily, your DD has
> you to give her a good start.
>
> nancy

SHE doesn't think so, Nancy<LOL> We're working on the concept that if one
is to be vegetarian, they might want to mm, maybe, I dunno,
eat-----vegetables????LMAO She has her tried and true veggies and that's
about it, but I'm chipping away at her. She has to try anything I make, and
then she can decide.

I agree very much about educating yourself, any time you cut something major
out of your diet! A lot of veggies I've seen do eat a LOT of cheese, and
even the vegans eat a lot of not so healthy food. Not all of course, by
far-but plenty. Fake *ice cream* is still fatty. Really, it boils down to
the same thing for everyone-lots of real food, not so much of the snacky,
junky foods. (God, do I miss snacky, junky foods sometimes!LOL)

Lynne A, eating as clean as I can