Posted to alt.food.wine
DPM DPM is offline

Default Chapoutier, Leonetti, Grahams, Shafer, Fox Creek

"Bill S." > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Monthly blind tasting notes:
>

> 2002 Chaddsford Chambourcin Seven Valleys Vineyard - absolutely no
> clues as to the non-vinifera hybrid nature of the grape. Made in
> Pennsylvania, this wine had the colour of a pinot, the nose of a syrah
> (bit spicy), and was very presentable if a bit puzzling when tasted
> blind.

Bill, we see a fair amount of Chambourcin here in the East (I'm in PA).
I've been underwhelmed by most of the ones I've tasted - thin, unripe,
acidic, little or no fruit. I had one a number of years ago that had so
much sulfur/rubber stink as to be unpalatable, but this was probably
attributable to lousy winemaking rather than the grape itself. Chaddsford
is one of our best local producers, and they do some nice cab/cab
franc/merlot singles and blends. Nice whites, too.

Regards,
Dean