Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Did you ever use Blackbean Garlic sauce Hoisin sauce and Hoisin sauce together

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >, sf wrote:

> >>I use fermented black beans, garlic and onions together. My chicken
> >>marinade is hoisin, soy, garlic, ginger, onion..... and the secret
> >>ingredient is chinese sesame oil. I wouldn't use either one with
> >>shrimp.

> > I keep it simple for shrimp as well. Fry in Olive oil and butter, with
> > just a little bit of garlic and salt free lemon pepper.
> >
> > Shrimp has enough of it's own flavor, it does not need much help. Just
> > minor flavor enhancers. ;-d
> >
> > Sometimes I just steam it and use a hot lemon butter dip like I do with
> > crab.

> I like great big shrimp peeled & deveined, basted with butter, lime
> juice and garlic, then grilled. Yum.

Oh, drool!

> I've also tried a quick brining - "taking them back to the sea" - as one
> author expounded. It was actually pretty good. It added a little salt
> to the flesh and gave the texture more "bite", like lobster. If you
> plan to brine your shrimp use unsalted butter in your basting sauce.

When we cooked crab camping on the coast, we always did them in clean
sea water. To me, the meat tasted sweeter. Not sure why.

I may have to try boiling crab in salt water sometime here. I can look
up the salt percentage to use. I've forgotten what I used to use to
hatch brine shrimp for my Beta.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.