Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tabbi Tabbi is offline

Default Supermarket Experiences

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my intrusion into your lovely grouip of Food fans but I
crave your indulgence.

I guess most of us have been in a supermarket at one time or another.

I'm doing some research and I thought this group might be a good place
to start.

I'm researching two main things and I'd be very grateful for any
comments -

(1) How the average (that's you) shopper deals with queuing at the
checkout in a supermarket - do you chat to the other people, are you
commenting on the management of the supermarket, do you zone out
totally until it is your turn, anything else... please include if you
are waiting alone or if you have someone with you (mother, sister,
other relative, partner, child, friend etc) What I'd like to get
from this is a broad idea of how we deal with going through a busy
checkout. (How I feel about it depends on how many of the staff can be
seen to be standing around talking while the over worked checkout
staff slave away)

(2) Any particularly glowing examples - either positive or negative-
that you may have experienced in a supermarket . Great customer
service? lousy customer service ? What happened , what did you do,
what did they do, what was the outcome?

Other than the above , I'd be happy to get any other comments such as
people blocking the aisles, poor quality of produce, out of date
produce, 'specials' that are sold out before you get there,
embarrassing moments like having the checkout operator calling on the
microphone for a price check for condoms... (okay, not food -
unless ?? )

Essentially, I'm keen to get 'supermakret rage' stories of whatever
degree.

Thank you :-)

Tabbi