Posted to alt.food.wine
Doug Anderson Doug Anderson is offline

Default seek sweet white wine in San Jose South Bay area

"news.la.sbcglobal.net" > writes:

> I am seeking sweet white wine, low cost, in San Jose South Bay area.
> Can you tell me what is good to buy and where?
>
> I went to Costco, but, do not know what to buy?
> Can you recommend a low cost white sweet wine for me to try?

I don't know what Costco has, or what is your idea of low cost.

One of my favorite sweet wines, which is widely available, and cheap
(in my opinion) for what you get is Lustau's Muscatel Emilin sherry,
which is in the low $20s for a 750 ml bottle. Of course some might
quibble that this isn't exactly "white." But it isn't red either!

In my area, I can find this at my local wine store, and also at "Cost
Plus World Market" which is a chain.

In general, your best bet is to go to your local wine store, ask if
there is someone knowledgeable about dessert wines who will talk to
you, tell them as much as you can about what you want to spend, what
food you might be eating the wine with, and ask for recommendations.