Ernie

Default Crust is too hard (Thanks Everyone)

Thank you Samantha,
I liked the crust I got on the last loaf I baked, it was
thick, crunchy and chewy. I was afraid to use water because I
thought it would make another coconut crust. Glad you told me
that it makes a thinner crust, I will try it. I also have to
work on larger holes and a more sour flavor. I think I will try
some rye flour in the next loaf to see if that will give me a
more sour flavor and make the mixture a little wetter for larger
holes. Now that I am close there are lots of things I can
experiment with. The only thing I need now is someone to help
eat it.
Thanks
Ernie

"Samartha Deva" > wrote in
message ...
> Ernie,
>
> good, there is some progress in your direction. What I suggest

is that
> you get a spray bottle with water and maybe every 10 minutes

during
> baking, maybe two times, mist the loaf so it's wet on the upper

surface
> and you may get a very thin crust. You probably need to turn it

180
> degrees with some tool (I use something similar to this:
> http://store6.yimg.com/I/thelefthand_1763_37401 - works fine

with loafs
> to 1500 g - 3+ lb.) This is what I did with the result

described - of
> cause, that's not what I wanted, but that's how things work -

trying,
> failing, avoiding the potholes next time, of cause there are

new one's