Ernie

Default Crust is too hard

Thanks for the good information.
The consensus seems to be that I am baking it too
long. I was using Jan Jaworski's Internet
Directions for Authentic Sourdough Bread. I tried
cooking it for less time once and wound up with a
crust that didn't get dark on top and was raw in
the middle. I will try Samantha's suggestion for
using a meat thermometer. If that doesn't work I
will try Kenneth's suggestion of painting the
crust with milk. Pawnee is correct about needing
a hack saw to cut it. I changed my post settings
from 60 characterd per line to 50, I hope that is
better Kenneth. Bert if you tried my coconut
crust you might change your mind about liking a
good hard crust. It actually cracks and pops when
I take it out of the oven. Dick, I think it would
take a week in a plastic bag before this crust got
soft. David, Other than the caps I don't see any
difference between Minute and minute?
Thanks again everyone.
Ernie