Mike Avery

Default Gluten dissolving culture....

On 17 Dec 2003 at 1:12, Samartha Deva wrote:

> Mike Avery wrote:

> > All of which means.. the culture was as liquid as water. And when
> > we added flour.... it never firmed up. It was... scary.

> How did you get there? I think you must have had it fermenting into
> oblivion to become a soup as you describe.

I had a bucket fermenting away in my proofing cabinet at about 80F for
3 days without being fed. It ate everything. And then ate whatever
was left.

> When you say that it "never firmed up" - at what ratio were you adding
> flour without getting firm?

I was trying to make dough. About a cup of starter, some water, and 9
cups of flour, plus some salt. The dough just liquified....

Mike

--
Mike Avery

ICQ: 16241692 AOL IM:MAvery81230
Phone: 970-642-0280
* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other
way *

Once seen on road signs all over the United States:
Can't shave daily?
Tender hide?
Now be honest
Have you