Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Myra[_2_] Myra[_2_] is offline

Default sugar substitute ?

On Aug 31, 8:32 pm, Priscilla Ballou > wrote:
> In article .com>,
>
> Hi! Are you Myra of all the wonderful recipes? I'm going to try out
> the Slim Sweet, since I get a horrible aftertaste from all but the
> polyols, and most of them give me the runs.

I think I'm that Myra, if you mean the Myra's Cheesecake Myra. LOL!

I was gone from Usenet for a long time, but I'm back now. At the end
of 2002, I was down about 190 pounds, but I've slipped and gained back
some weight, and now I'm only down about 150 pounds, so I need to lose
the 40 pounds of regain plus the balance of what I had left - about 90
pounds total (yes, I was *that* fat). One of the very important
things I've learned is that I need to be on Usenet and in other
support groups, and I need to keep track of everything I eat.

BTW, if you want to use a natural sweetener for my cheesecake, I would
go with the Slim Sweet - it really does have a very nice flavor to
it.

I'm working with a nutrition consultant and fitness trainer now, and
he's taken me off artificial sweeteners, so I've been exploring all
the natural alternatives out there. He and I are working on a book
which will cover nutrition and Type II diabetes, and, of course, will
include a lot of my recipes.

Myra