Posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default TN 2004 Leoville Barton

In article >, Ronin wrote:

> On 2007-08-19 08:20:21 -0700, DaleW > said:
>
> > . Mostly cassis fruit, with a note of sweet licorice.
> > Some graphite on the finish.

> I often wonder how people know what things like graphite taste like.
> Do people go around sucking rocks so they are better able to describe
> wine?? :-)

Actually, yes. Sticking clean rocks in your mouth is not a bad way to
develop your palate as long as the rocks aren't sharp. Pencil lead or
graphite is in every kid's collective memory and if not sniff a number 2
pencil especially right after sharpening it and you often will get some
cedar as well.