Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Dirty potatoes

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news:CjKAi.18$Pa5.16@trndny09...
But my question is: When was the
> last time you got some really dirty potatoes? Unless of course you grow
> them yourself!

Julie, I just posted 3 pictures of the produce at our farmer's market. One
I did not post was one of potatoes, which I had bought previously. When I
asked her if she ever washed the potatoes, I could tell by her reaction that
she thought I had wished she had washed them; she replied that it was
better not to wash them.

I hope I explained to her that I was thankful that she had not washed them.
I bought them the previous time to last Saturday. They were delicious.
I'll miss the produce this winter, I'm going to have to ask them how long
they'll be there. But there are orchards -- of course with limited foods.
Dee Dee