Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Oven finish for a rainy breezy day? WSM

Sonoran Dude wrote:

> Dudes,
> I've never finished a smoke in the oven but have two large shoulders in
> the WSM. Went in at 6:45AM and need to pull these at 3:00 PM and put in
> the cooler for a 4:00 feed.
> Wind was a little snappy this mornin but seems calm now. Thundershowers
> are forecast all day. Have the cooker under a patio so it will be dry
> and have shielded most of the cooker from the wind.
> I'll check temp around 1:00 PM and see where they stand. Can you
> ballpark what temp and how much time do I need if a finish in the oven
> is neccessary? The roasts are about 8 - 9 Lb each.
>
> Thanks, going back to bed for now...zzz

If you need or want to finish in the oven, the time and temp are exactly
the same as they would be for your smoker. Other than the smoke in your
smoker, and oven and a smoker are effectively the same with no change to
the target temperature or expected cooking times.