Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Oven finish for a rainy breezy day? WSM

On 26-Aug-2007, Dana Myers > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>
> > According to your math Dana, the butts I cooked friday should have
> > taken nine and one half hours and eight and one half hours respectively.
> > Those sure were some stupid butts. They reached 190° in four and a
> > half hours and were about as tender and juicy as any I've ever cooked.

> What temperature were you cooking them at?

Nominal 270°F where the butts were located

> > I was a little worried about the briquettes I was using, "Original
> > Charcoal
> > Co. "Rancher" " briquettes. But they worked alright and caused no
> > adverse taste in the pork.

> Rancher briquettes are good stuff.

I mentioned the briquettes because the initial smoke when I fired them
up fairly reeked with "coal" smell. I was careful during the cook to add
only a few briquettes at a time to avoid any smoldering.

--
Brick(Save a tree, eat a Beaver)