Posted to rec.food.cooking
Echo[_2_] Echo[_2_] is offline

Default Baked frittata?

"Felice Friese" > wrote in message
. ..
> Most of the recipes I have call for cooking frittata on the stove top and
> then perhaps giving it a quick broil. I'm looking for one I can do
> entirely in the oven.

I've used this basic recipe for at least 10 years. Basically, it's sautee
your veggies and meat, then add eggs. Remove from heat and pop in 350 degree
oven for about 25 minutes.

Okay, that's not entirely in the oven, so I dunno if it will meet your needs
or not. I guess if your veggies and meat are already cooked, you could just
mix the stuff up, dump it in a skillet, and stick it in the oven for 25-30
minutes. I usually like to sautee onions and mushrooms and garlic to add to
the frittata anyway, though.

Here's the specific recipe. (From a 1997 issue of Glamour, as embarrassing
as that is to admit. LOL!)

This recipe happens to be for ham and cheese frittata, but I usually just
use whatever I have left over in the fridge.

1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 C chopped scallions
6 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz grated fontina or whatever cheese
3 oz cooked ham, stripped or cubed

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

In 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions
and cook until soft.

Break eggs into bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Beat with wisk or fork
until blended. Stir in cheese and ham.

Pour egg mixture into pan with scallions and stir to mix. Remove pan from
stove and place in oven. Bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until frittata is puffy
and no longer runny on top. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.

210 calories, 16 g fat / serving.

--
Echo