Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Frozen food storage

On Aug 21, 7:56?am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Serene wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> No, the OP said they have plastic freezer containers. No mention of
> >> the jars being plastic. In fact, I've never seen spaghetti sauce
> >> sold in plastic jars. Doesn't mean there isn't such a thing, just
> >> sayin'.

> > I'm quoting from above:

> > "As I was washing the plastice jars from two large jars of Ragu"

> > Seems clear to me they said they were washing plastic jars. What am
> > I missing?

> > Serene

> Sorry I missed that. I've never seen Ragu in plastic jars.

Me neither... in fact I was shopping yesterday and looked because I
don't buy jarred sauce and was curious to see if things changed like
with so many other jarred products, but all jarred sauces were still
in glass jars... perhaps a regional thing. And the way the OP typed
and expressed himself it was easy to gloss over. I did notice that
Claussen refrigerated pickles are now in plastic jars, bummer.

Sheldon