Dick Adams

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

"Samartha Deva" > wrote in message =

> Maybe ductaping the vent could do something.

I am sure you could think of something better than that.

Maybe it is time to wonder about the differences between
steam (like for motivating steam locomotives), water vapor,
mist, and humidity.

The way I see it, there are two levels of interaction between
atmospheric H2O and dough surface:

1. Keeps dough surface from drying out.

2. Gelates the dough surface.

Me, I take my rise before the dough goes into the oven, so I
am not concerned about keeping the surface soft and pliable.

Regards gelating, I have been able to do it, but I get in trouble
with Mrs. Adams when I do it. (Steam shooting out of the stove
in all directions.)

---
DickA