Samartha Deva

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

Dick Adams wrote:

> Aw, nuts! There goes my vision of making pretty loaves like
> Samartha does without having a pan of water underneath.

Says who? I always have (for bread) and do (bowl) but I think I could do
better with a powerful steam cooker because the bowl water evaporates in
an uncontrolled manner.

There seems to be an intial evaportation where a lot of steam comes out
of the vent (elect. oven, little grid below the knob panel on the back)
but that does not last although there is still water in the bowl slowly
boiling and evaporating. Very little control on amount of steam with
this.

Spray bottle into hot oven works better, but it still escapes through
the vent. Maybe ductaping the vent could do something.

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one