Dick Adams

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

"Ignoramus28710" >=20
wrote in message ...

> I would think that if you simply placed a water container
> into a hot stove (say 400F at the thermometer), and the=20
> steam escaping from the water is heated to same=20
> temperature, (as evidenced by the thermometer), it would=20
> also be superheated steam.

That is an experiment that you could usefully do -- all that is
needed is a stove, a thermometer, and a vessel in which to=20
heat the water.

Come back and give us a report when you hit 400=B0F. (Try
not to get discouraged by temperatures hovering around=20
212=B0F.*)

(Hint -- you may have to pressurize to some extent, but you
are a clever fellow and can manage that, no doubt.)

> Visualize a gas stove. Gas burns in it and that's what keeps=20
> the stove hot. The byproduct of the natural gas burning is=20
> H2O, which is obviously "superheated steam".

Hey, wow, that's probably it -- the reason I can get such good
results with a gas stove without adding steam or baking on a stone.
All you folks with electric stoves -- take note! Maybe it is just
a matter of getting the right kind of stove.

---
DickA

* Of course, if you are a science teacher or professor, you can=20
get your students to do some of the work. But I would like for=20
you personally to do the pressurization study, since it will be
necessary to report the results of this definitive work accurately=20
to future generations.