Samartha Deva

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

Kenneth wrote:

> My setup used a copper tube that (if I recall correctly) had an inside
> diameter of 1/2".
>
> I rather doubt that I was producing steam at a rate (measurably)
> higher than could flow through that tube.

Makes sense. What could be done though, is to put a valve in the pipe
and heavily insulate it so the heat loss on the way from the cooker to
the oven is reduced and then crank up the cooker to max - well, the
overflow valve should still be in place to build up pressure and the
pipe attached separately. With the valve one allows to build up pressure
in the cooker and then you would have hotter than 212 F steam.

If I ever run across a cheap and solid steam cooker.... that cooker
steam thing sounds promising.

Only problem with my setup is the electric oven and how to get into it.
Probably need to move it off the wall and peek behind it. Will probably
have lost it's resale value considerably after I am through with that.

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one