Kenneth

Default Reliable baking stone for home use

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:03:59 -0600, Samartha Deva
> wrote:

>If steam production in the cooker is higher than what can escape through
>the tube, pressure would build up (all theory since I don't know your
>detailed setup) and steam temperature would rise above atmospheric
>boiling point inside the cooker.

Hello again,

Yes, you are correct...

My setup used a copper tube that (if I recall correctly) had an inside
diameter of 1/2".

I rather doubt that I was producing steam at a rate (measurably)
higher than could flow through that tube.

I believe that I was putting steam at 212F into an oven that was 500F.

Also, this was in a gas oven.

As before, all the best,

--
Kenneth