Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_3_] pltrgyst[_3_] is offline

Default Immersion blenders

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:54:59 -0700, sarge137 >
wrote:

>America's Test Kitchen recently reviewed nine hand blenders. IMO they
>are the end-all, know-all final authority on all matters involving the
>kitchen. Been using their receipes and following their advice on
>equipment, techniques, and products for five years now. They've never
>steered me wrong.

With one caveat: they don't know squat about wine.

OK, one other caveat: sometimes they don't see the forest for the
trees. That is, they sometimes insist on lumping all of a broad
category -- such as meat thermometers -- together, and judging them
based on a single set of criteria, ignoring completely special
capabilities of niche products.

Those criticisms uttered, I do have all their hardbound annual
volumes, and use them frequently.

>The KitchenAid won hands down.

Yes, that's why I bought mine.

-- Larry