Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-08-09) New survey on the RFC site: Making 'French fried' potatoes (a.k.a. chips) at home

Karen wrote on Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:10:08 -0400:

??>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
KAK> I do make oven-baked potato wedges though. Yum!
KAK> I never make anything deep-fried for myself... it's too
KAK> dangerous for my tastes, and it tastes better if you buy
KAK> it. Deep-fried stuff is a rare treat for eating out...

A variant on oven-baked fries might interest you. It was
discovered by accident tho' I am sure we were re-inventing the
wheel. Peeled baking potatoes are used cut into 1/8 inch slices.
Cook at 375F for 20 minutes and then raise the temperature to
425F. The slices puff up beautifully. The use of baking potatoes
was one of the accidents: forgot to turn on the oven!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not