Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Danny Kaye Changed Family Life By Cooking

On Aug 8, 12:08 pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I do realize I'm responding to a week old post but things haven't
> changed that much in that time. I heard an estimate of 5 million
> foreclosures this year. You can get a great deal now if you've got
> cash, a stable job, or a brain. But that's this side of the border.
> Remodeling in the current market is silly.

No, it's not. I have a 60-year-old, granite-faced house on two acres
within 5 miles of my job. The kitchen is a little small, so I would
certainly consider remodeling. In fact, when the mortgage is paid
off, that's just what we plan to do. (Of course, the housing market
will probably be wildly different by then.)

My house is unique, and I doubt I could buy one that suited me any
better, and I wouldn't want to take on a brand-new mortgage
(especially
at current interest rates).

Cindy Hamilton