Posted to rec.food.drink.beer,alt.beer
[email protected] rotb1@aol.com is offline

Default Miller Chill: a Beer for People Who Don't Like Beer

On Aug 3, 10:07 am, "John S." > wrote:
> On Aug 3, 9:41 am, Gains > wrote:

> > > oups.com...

> > Well, sure, you could argue that if someone likes Chill, by default
> > they like beer because Chill is a beer. But I think the author
> > obviously meant Chill is targeted at people who don't like the taste
> > of beer in general, so it's a beer that tastes different than most
> > other beers.

> > And to argue with your analogy, I would say most people who buy
> > Toyotas in fact don't "like" cars, they're not car enthusiasts the way
> > people here are beer enthusiasts, they just see them as an appliance
> > to be used to get from Point A to Point B.

> Sorry, but the world of car owners isn't simply divided by aficionados
> who are in love with their vehicles and appliance owners who are
> indifferent. And I'm sure you know that.
>
> > Obviously they don't
> > "dislike" cars very much either, or they wouldn't own one, but unlike
> > beer, which is an optional purchase, a lot of people pretty much need
> > to have a car.

> C'mon - The subject line written by Beer Advocate serves only to be
> pointlessly agrumentative and tells the reader nothing about the beer
> itself. Clearly Beer Advocate hasn't surveyed people who don't like
> beer to ask whether they like this Miller Beer so on it's face it is
> an inane statement. I've read other articles on the beer advocate
> site and consider them to be well done and informative. Why he chose
> to write an article in this tone is beyond me.- Hide quoted text -

Geeze, talk about "pointlessly agrumentative"! Give it a rest, John
S. (And let's be realistic -- people who like lime-flavored fizz,
with little malt and no hops, probably really don't like beer. So your
argument doesn't really make sense to begin with.)