Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss Lou Decruss is offline

Default Danny Kaye Changed Family Life By Cooking

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:26:08 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote
>
>> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:49:16 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
>> wrote:

>>>"Lou Decruss" > wrote

>>>Oh, I hope your dental work went smoothly!

>> LOL. We moved 2 1/2 weeks ago and we're still unpacking boxes. It's
>> worse than the dentist. <sigh> I found some old magazines and
>> thumbed through them before I tossed them out.

>Heh, aren't you glad you took the effort to move them?

The only fighting Louise and I have done in years was about what
"stuff" should be thrown out or given away. We've been slowly moving
little stuff for months not really paying attention to how much was
really here. We went out of town for a weekend and came back to an
offer with 15 days until closing. The inspector found a bunch of
nit-wit things that needed to be fixed so we didn't have much time for
the final sort.

>I have toyed with the idea of moving and looked around thinking, what would I
>bring? because I have a lot of stuff I would not bother taking.

Emotions run deep when it comes to saving "stuff." You remember how
much you wanted it and how much it cost. Even though you forgot you
even had "it" you don't want to part with it. We filled a ten yard
dumpster twice and made 5-6 trips to a non-profit resale store. Two
of our kids are striking out on their own so many of the duplicates
are being relocated. Most of it is kitchen stuff. It's funny that
when they are on their own cooking for themselves makes more sense.
One got a whole set of nice SS cookware. The happy glimmer in her
eyes was amusing.

>I hope you are enjoying your new place.

More than you can imagine. It's really not a new place. When we met
we both had homes and bought another that was for "us" as we had
children from previous marriages and didn't want to force the
teenagers to live together. My kid stayed in my place and I spent
time with Louise. Her kids moved on so we sold her house and both
stay at mine now. The place we bought together is a 1300 sq.ft.
"cottage" out in the country. We're both to young to completely
retire so we need to keep a city place to make a living, but we spend
as much time out there as possible. It's our retreat and when we go
there I cook for days.

Lou