Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default How much $ do chefs make?

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:13:16 GMT, "Zippy P" >
wrote:

>Down here in San Diego the community colleges are $20 a unit now!
>
>And if a majority of the students in the class are over 55, the entire class
>is free for everyone. Isn't that nuts? So instead of spending $20,000 to
>$50,000 for an AA you can get one for a couple thousand, or if you team up
>with some oldsters you can get it for FREE.

KEWL! I didn't know that.

>Tax dollars at work, for once in a helpful way.

California Community Colleges train, retrain and offer 60 units that
can be transfered to a 4 year institution. If students come to
college unprepared, they even offer remedial classes so the motivated
can move on.

California's vision was to provide an affordable education to
California residents. It's too bad we've lost sight of it.
Unfortunately, the system is overloaded and tuition is rising.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.