Posted to rec.food.preserving
Kathi Jones Kathi Jones is offline

Default Ann and hubby have been busy

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
. net...
> "D.L." > wrote in message
>> We have been busy canning and still have so much more to do.
>>
>> This week we canned :
>> 8 pints green and wax beans.
>> 6 quarts green beans
>> 23 half-pints 3 bean salad
>> 20 pints deli dill pickles
>> 20 quarts peaches
>>

> My, you have been busy. I feel like a piker -- my canning this weekend
> was:
>
> Roasted tomato salsa (just OK -- I'll make my usual recipe later in the
> week after I get farmers market tomatoes. I need salsa for the fair
> before my garden tomatoes will be ripe.)
>
> Peach and Apple Salsa
>
> Bluebarb Jam -- used the recipe Kathi posted and it came out wonderful

pretty tasty stuff, eh? I was really impressed too. If it ends up at the
fair, let us know how it does!!

Kathi

> in my Grandma's Dill Pickles (the last jar of which were consumed a week
> ago and were still crisp). In an effort to be thrifty (OK, I'm cheap

huh...I'm thinking the whole preserving thing 'started' because we were

now, I do it because I love being in the kitchen - I'm a foodie - always
looking for something new to try/eat/cook/bake....the preserving thing is
like a hobby for me - I don't crochet or knit, or sew or paint (well, not as
hobby), I preserve... ;-)

Kathi