Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default TN: Bastille Day wines

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:54:05 -0400
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> 1999 Domaine Grand Tinel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
> c: more vivid garnet with no signs of bricking
> n: kirsch, a hint of gaminess and herbs
> p: much fruitier than the Gigondas, medium-bodied, kirsch, decent
> acidity and a touch of meaty-gamey flavor

Always found Grand Tinel an excellent value. The Domaine's other wines, too:
they used to sell a declassified CdP as table wine that vied with most of the AOC
production of the day. It was a terrific deal at the equivalent of under $2 US! We
used to order scads of cases, anyone who tasted was immediately down for a case
or 3.

Further the family has always been very charming and welcoming.

I understand young Jeune has started commercializing another domaine,
Domaine de Saint Paul. Appears to be a couple of kopecks more expensive
than Grand Tinel. Has anyone tasted?

-E
--
Emery Davis