Posted to alt.food.wine
AxisOfBeagles AxisOfBeagles is offline

Default Lunch Wines

I don;t know whether dill is a nose that has been used previously in
describing wines or not, but my reaction after reading Ed's excellent
description was of some minor VA (volatile acid). If so, I would
characterize it as a slight defect - slight, in that it dissipated
with some air.
I have made wines that suffered H2S problems that, even though I
thought I had correctd it, retained some mercaptans or disulfides that
leave a noticeable taint on the nose. But I have never thought of
those odors as 'dill' - there are some VA's that have a spicier note
that might be akin to a dill.

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 49 days.
You should really try it!