Posted to rec.food.cooking
ravenlynne[_2_] ravenlynne[_2_] is offline

Default Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce copycat recipe

kilikini wrote:

> Kate Connally wrote:
> > RED LOBSTER PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE
> >
> > 4 ounces pina colada mix
> > 3 ounces sour cream
> > 3 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
> >
> > Mix together. Serve chilled.
> >
> > I can't vouch for it as I haven't gotten around to
> > trying it yet. If I ever get the urge to fry my own
> > shrimp (deep-frying is a pain in the ass and thus
> > to be avoided) I plan to make it. I know where to
> > get the frozen coconut shrimp (we have a GFS near us)
> > so all I need it the mental breakdown necessary for
> > me to do my own deep-frying at home. I mean ya gotta
> > be crazy - the cost of all that oil!!!! and the mess!!!!
> >
> > Kate

> Yes, frying makes a little bit of a mess, but I'd rather bread and
> fry the shrimp myself. Panko is so easy to use! Just roll the
> shrimp in flour, then egg, and then in panko with a touch of
> cornstarch and coconut flakes. Fry. You know, shrimp don't take
> much to cook. I'll bet you could even pan fry these and avoid the
> grease issue.
>
> Just my 2 cents.....
>
> kili

I have a really good recipe around here someone...you make a batter,
dip, then roll in coconut..but it's a PITA to do neatly....tastes
really good too.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK