Old 13-07-2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce copycat recipe

RED LOBSTER PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE

4 ounces pina colada mix
3 ounces sour cream
3 ounces crushed pineapple, drained

Mix together. Serve chilled.

I can't vouch for it as I haven't gotten around to
trying it yet. If I ever get the urge to fry my own
shrimp (deep-frying is a pain in the ass and thus
to be avoided) I plan to make it. I know where to
get the frozen coconut shrimp (we have a GFS near us)
so all I need it the mental breakdown necessary for
me to do my own deep-frying at home. I mean ya gotta
be crazy - the cost of all that oil!!!! and the mess!!!!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Old 13-07-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
RED LOBSTER PINA COLADA DIPPING SAUCE

4 ounces pina colada mix
3 ounces sour cream
3 ounces crushed pineapple, drained

Mix together. Serve chilled.

I can't vouch for it as I haven't gotten around to
trying it yet. If I ever get the urge to fry my own
shrimp (deep-frying is a pain in the ass and thus
to be avoided) I plan to make it. I know where to
get the frozen coconut shrimp (we have a GFS near us)
so all I need it the mental breakdown necessary for
me to do my own deep-frying at home. I mean ya gotta
be crazy - the cost of all that oil!!!! and the mess!!!!

Kate

Yes, frying makes a little bit of a mess, but I'd rather bread and fry the
shrimp myself. Panko is so easy to use! Just roll the shrimp in flour,
then egg, and then in panko with a touch of cornstarch and coconut flakes.
Fry. You know, shrimp don't take much to cook. I'll bet you could even pan
fry these and avoid the grease issue.

Just my 2 cents.....

kili

Old 13-07-2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

Kate Connally wrote:
[...]

I have a really good recipe around here someone...you make a batter,
dip, then roll in coconut..but it's a PITA to do neatly....tastes
really good too.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK

Req: Recipe Pina-Colada Pie Larry LaMere[_1_] General Cooking 2 12-01-2008 08:44 PM
Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-03-2007 02:11 AM
How to Use a Pineapple in a Pina Colada? Von Fourche General 0 30-07-2005 08:31 AM
Pina Colada 7 Hawks Recipes 0 30-06-2005 02:06 AM
recipe for pina colada truffles The Holdermans Chocolate 0 14-04-2005 11:26 PM