Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Good uses for skim milk?

On Jul 13, 12:23 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On Jul 13, 12:41 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
> > How REPULSIVE. No decent cook would ever use vinegar to curdle milk,
> > then try to pass that off on the swine-like viewers of the Food
> > Network as "cottage cheese." Cottage cheese is CULTURED, not soured
> > with vinegar. Jeez MFing...OK, I won't be blasphemous, but Alton
> > Brown deserves to be anally raped with a Julia Child Action Figure for
> > suggesting such a thing.

> > --Bryan

> I don't know about vinegar being used to "pass that off....as cottage
> cheese." But when I make paneer cheese, which is certainly 'curds' and
> (left-over whey) is made by adding vinegar to curd-le them.

Put "paneer cheese" into Google. All the recipes used lemon juice,
except one that used buttermilk or yogurt to curdle. Perhaps your
cooking leaves something to be desired too, since using vinegar as a
substitute for lemon juice is never OK.

> I'd not want to wish such a punishment for Alton.

Put him on an island with the White trash, Cool Whip chick, and make
them eat each other's cooking.

> Dee Dee

--Bryan