Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Good uses for skim milk?

On Jul 13, 11:33 am, Nancy2 > wrote:

> I DO know that eating fat isn't good for anyone's arteries or heart
> health, and I'll never be convinced that fat intake doesn't contribute
> to obesity.
>
> N.

I just finished eating from "Simple Suppers" a fettucine with 1 cup
cream, butter, etc. I know, I know.
I am not obese. I make ice cream with cream every week. I also eat
butter, chocolate. I am certainly not thin, nor do I burn off
calories in a fury.
I know that it is not good to eat cream; but I find that a lot of
times if I don't eat fat, then I'm absolutely famished and will eat
the house down.

No, my cholesterol is not good, but my HDL is 67. There are
differences of opinions in the literature regarding over 70 year-olds,
more-or-less that it is the HDL that is important; however, I'd like
to get my Cholesterol much lower.

BTW, the recipe I used called for 2 tsp of grated lemon and 3 T of
lemon juice. I've not added lemon to cream before, and even tho DH
thought it was OK, it was not lip-smackin' good to me.

Dee Dee