Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to Eat Breakfast Cereal?

Andy wrote:

> Do you add cereal then milk OR milk then cereal?
>
> I've been in the cereal then milk camp but more often than not, the cereal
> goes soggy before I can eat it all.
>
> I'm tempted to do the milk then cereal method so I can just add a little bit
> of cereal at a time without going too soggy, then add more as need be.

I only buy Muffets or Shredded Wheat and they need to be softened up a
little. I crush them into a bowl and add the milk and let it do its thing
while I slice up some fruit for it. If I have no fresh fruit I usually
have frozen berries instead. In that case, I put the berries in a bowl and
then the milk and stir them around for a minute to thaw and then add the
cereal.