Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_8_] Nonnymus[_8_] is offline

Default Blue cheese crust for grilled steaks

Sonoran Dude wrote:
> Pierre wrote:
>> Ran into this, will try next week and report results. It seems most
>> steakhouses are offering crusts of parmesan, horseradish; here's one
>> to consider for the do it yerselffer.

> Why is the reason "most steakhouses" are offering these crusts? Is it
> because their beef is tasteless? The last thing I want on a fine steak
> is some cream cheese based crust. Break out the bagels and jam.

I guess that taste varies. We've been to a place that charges extra
money to blacken a great slice of prime rib. They do the bloodiest
center cut and then sprinkle on seasoning and toss it into a very hot
frying pan. I tasted it and while it's interesting, it's not for me.

If I want to do a little something extra when cooking a steak, I just
melt up a little butter and add in Tarragon. When cool and solidified,
I use a melon scoop to put 2-3 balls on the steak or by the side.

It might be fun to try that with bleu cheese and butter, and if I do,
I'll report back.

--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by