Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Bradley smokers?

wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Any opinion on the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?

http://tinyurl.com/2u7qho

The electric Masterbuilts are a less mature iteration of the Cook Shacks. I
like that Masterbuilt also insulates the box. I think that they turn out
pretty good bbq.

The downside is grease control. Even though it does have a grease collector
of sorts, it gets really messy in the box. You will need to plan on spending
a lot more time cleaning it out. It helps to use a large pan placed on the
shelf below the meat to catch the drippings. It also helps to line the
bottom with aluminum foil -- punching a hole through the drain hole.
Denatured alcohol works well at getting grease off of stainless steel.

I don't know how durable the electric element is, so check with Masterbuilt
to find out how much replacements are and how to do the replacement.

For the dollars, it looks like a good deal. BTW, if Sam's is carrying both
the stainless and the black exteriors, consider that the black won't get
near as grungy looking as the stainless steel model and so requires less
cosmetic cleaning of the outside. The insides are the same.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com