Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy) modom (palindrome guy) is offline

Default Bradley smokers?

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:43:50 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"modom (palindrome guy)" <moc.etoyok@modom> wrote in message
>>>
>>>I just got one of these

>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3342508
>

>> Thanks, Ed. Can you cold smoke in this unit? Or do you have to get
>> an electric smoker for that?

>No and yes. The setup as it is gets too hot, but, what I've done with my old
>(similar design) smoker is to use a $10 electric hotplate and a pan of
>sawdust for the smoke and it worked very well. You can use a hotplate and
>a cardboard box too.

I saw that episode of Good Eats. A classic. But with all the rain
around here lately, cardboard wouldn't last more than a hour outside.
Anyhow, I've got a piece of wild caught salmon in a salt cure in the
fridge right now. That gives me a little time to work out a plan for
smoking it this weekend.

Tomorow, I'll pick up one of those Great Outdoors smokers at the
Wal-Mart over in the county seat. I have pastrami to make, too.
--

modom