Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Matt Matt is offline

Default Good, mild rub for a shoulder roast?

I would go ahead and just use whatever rub YOU like on the butt. But
instead of pulling/chopping all the bark into the pulled pork, just remove
the bark and chop it and leave it on the side. If your guests like their
pulled pork a bit spicier, then they can just add some chopped bark to
theirs. For those that don't like it hot/spicy, don't have to have any of
the spicier bark.

good luck,

Matt

ups.com...