Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Default N00B Intro:

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Your sence of humor will be put to the test on this NG. As the late
> John Candy once said to me (in a bar, of course), "You're very funny,
> when you don't try to be!" Humor must flow naturally from the
> situation.

That's one thing I never do, is *try* to be funny. People tend to enjoy my
twisted sense of humor more often than not, and I can just "be myself". :-)

> Firstly, you must host the a.f.b Welcoming Committee, so we can
> verify your claims of perfection.

Heh. No claims of perfection as of yet, but I think I'm off to a pretty good
start! And I'm always willing to host for friends, new and old, and use them
for guinea pigs on my food experiments. :-)

> Secondly, if you have not already done so, you should read
>
> http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/

That was actually the very first document I read online about BBQ, even
before I discovered A.F.B. In fact, I think that's where I found out about
A.F.B.!

OB 'Q Content:
On my 2nd try at doing ribs, I only sauced one of the two racks, just to see
how they differed after being plated. I prefer my sauce on the side. :-)

--Brett