Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Shawn Shawn is offline

Default N00B Intro:

"vex" > wrote in message

> Greetings, I've recently entered the Wonderful World of BBQ and have been
> lurking here for a couple of weeks.

snip

The lurking part was wise of you. By now you have figured out that a thick
skin, and morbid sense of humor will carry you far with this crowd.

Once you have mastered the art of the offset smoker, you will never need
anything else. (You will want something else, but will not need it. (Don't
worry, we won't tell your wife))

I too am addicted to Chef Juke's sauce. Use it wisely, and it's best to let
everyone here think that you serve it on the side.

You will have competition if you want to be a wise-ass. (That used to be my
job) If you take over, maybe I'll find my way out of some kill-files.

There some real pros posting here, and if you pay attention, you can get
your master's in BBQ.

Have fun, tell us any things you discover along the way. (And don't be
surprised when someone here tells you he discovered it first. (remember;
thick skin?)

He probably stole it from someone ELSE anyway.