Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.coffee,alt.tea,rec.food.drink.tea
TeaDave TeaDave is offline

Default Water temperature question

> Never heard of such restriction. Is it just your local place? I can't
> imagine "no boiling water" ever being legislated for a food establishment.
> Bob

I don't know if it's legalized or not, but I currently work at such a
cafe (still in college, was a part time job this last semester, still
there for the summer months) and the espresso machine and drip coffee
maker we have don't bring the water to a boil. Boiling the water in a
pitcher using a steam nozzle is possible, but slightly difficult, as
the water tends to rapidly expand out the top of the pitcher in all
directions. So your barrista may not be open to such an idea, as it's
remarkably easy to burn oneself.