Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joe Cilinceon Joe Cilinceon is offline

Default Bush Beans

Here is my favorite and by far the best baked beans I've ever eaten.

JACK'S Peach BBQ Beans

8 Strips of Bacon, cut into 1" pieces (Vegetarians just leave the bacon out)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 #10 can backed beans (recommend Bush's)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (Your favorite brand)
3 cups canned peach pie filling
2 table sppons Jack's Old South BBQ rub, recipe below

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, Add the bacon and cook, stirring,
until somewhat crispy and its fat has rendered. Transfer the bacon to a
paper towel-lined plat to drain. Leave the fat in the skillet.

Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until
softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large baking pan.

Add the bacon, beans, pie filling, barbecue sauce and rub to pan. Mix to
combine and bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.

Jack's Old South BBQ Rub
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sweet paprika ( I use hot)
1/4 cup kosher salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil

Combine all and mix well. Yields about 3/4 cup

--

Joe Cilinceon