Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Alan Petrillo Alan Petrillo is offline

Default Old Keemun

MarshalN wrote:
> On Jun 9, 3:35 am, Alan Petrillo > wrote:
>> Space Cowboy wrote:
>>> I wouldn't necessarily throw it out.

>> Throw it out? Good grief no! It was nectar!
>>

> You owe it to us to tell us HOW nectar like it was!
>
> I've had a hongcha of some sort that's 10 years old. Very
> interesting, sweet, and fruity. A strange tea, but fun.

Well, let's see.

It had a subtle but distinct sweetness. It's aroma was fruity, with a
slightly floral aroma. It had a very strong aroma, and also a strong
flavor, without being tannic. The liquor was bright red, and it always
brewed out nicely clear and clean. There was a very light note of
chocolate in its finish.

Very, _very_ good stuff.

We figured it out, Liz's mom has had this since they lived in Taiwan.
They left Taiwan when Liz was 8, and she's now 43, so this tea was at
least 35 years old. I can honestly say it was the best tea I have ever
had in my life.

AP