Posted to alt.food.wine
Dan the Man Dan the Man is offline

Default Am I the only person who hates Australian wine?

On Jun 18, 3:03 pm, "Confused" > wrote:
> I am not a wine snob. I like all kinds of wine: French, Italian,
> Spanish, Californian, Bulgarian, Chilean... all except Australian.
>
> YECCCHHH!
>
> It always has this rancid, "sweet and sour" taste. OK, it gets you
> drunk, provided you can keep it down.
>
> If anyone out there knows of a really good Ossie wine that might
> change my views, please let me know.
>
> Until then, I'll stick with Chateauneuf du Pape, Spanish Rioja or
> Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon.

Well, "Confused", I guess it's a matter of taste - I liked most of the
Aussie wines I tried BECAUSE they were on the acidic side. As a Yank,
I get American produce most of the time, but I sometimes venture into
other countries' wines.

Dan-O

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.