Jack Schidt®

Default Refrigeration question -- Apple Crisp

"Bob Travis" > wrote in message
> Well, Jack, I see in a round about way, the majority of the people here

take
> my mother-in-law's side, presumably because she's past seventy and still
> here to talk about it, or you just know more about apple crisp than I do.

My
> initial thought was, better safe than sorry, but I have to admit it tasted
> pretty good when it first came out of the oven, maybe it wouldn't be so

bad
> now. I think the group has fairly well convinced me that it's not a lot
> different than apple pie and I know there have been many occasions where I
> have eaten an apple pie several days old that had never been refrigerated.

yeahbut, didja laugh?

> Maybe I was overdoing it a bit when I began making a big deal about it not
> being refrigerated. Well, did you ever see the TV show "Monk"? We could
> have been twins except I'm the real thing and he's just an excellent actor
> reading a very funny script. When I was a kid if you wanted a drink of my
> coke or a bite of my ice cream I would take a big chug or a big bite and

let
> you have the rest. I'd say something like, "I'm full," or "I've had

enough,"
> while thinking what a ******* you were for having the gall to ask for a

bite
> or a swallow, then think I was going to keep eating it after you had some.

> soon figured out that if I was going to keep any friends I had to buy them
> one of their own oe just make sure I never ate around them any more.
>
> Bob

Well, you did come to the right place and glad we could set your mind at
ease. It's better to err on the side of safety when it comes to food and no
harm would have come to the apple crisp if it were refrigerated. Now if she
wanted to leave the tuna-egg casserole out on the counter overnight...

Jack Hygiene