Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Default Best book for newbie

wrote:
> On Jun 13, 1:57 pm, Eris > wrote:
>> I want a think pink inside steak. Any advice will be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> No Costco here just Sam's. Is Costco better?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jim

> Hi Jim, I do my steaks on the grill. I allow the steaks to come to
> room temp, brush both sides with olive oil and lightly salt and
> peppered.I fire up the gas grill to high for at least 15 minutes
> before hand. Very hot. Toss the steaks on the grill, I think I allow
> about two to three minutes per side. Seared outside with a pink
> inside.Let rest a few minutes. It`s the only way my wife and myself
> like our steaks.
> Don

Don, I do mine the same way if they're not too thick. The ones from Costco
and Sam's are too thick for me to manage that. So, I fire up my grill to
very hot just like you, sear each side for a minute or two, then turn the
center burner way down and the outside ones to about medium. Cook them on
semi-indirect heat like that until they're the right color.

And, if the OP is after a good book on grilling (not barbecue), I like the
book "How to Grill." Lots of very good newbie advice there.

--
EZ
Traeger BBQ075 "Texas"