Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Browning

"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message news:mailman.3.1181530099.60952.rec.food.sourdough @mail.otherwhen.com...

> ... I also like [Iggy's] raisin-pecan. What a bread ... here's Iggy's
> ingredients: Unbleached and unbromated wheat flour, filtered water,
> natural sourdough starter (wheat flour and filtered water), organic
> raisins, pecans, sucanat (evaporated cane juice), fresh yeast,
> sea salt ...

No doubt delightful bread, but not seeming to be sourdough.

> ... I was raised Southern Baptist. ... I'm a Unitarian now, though ....

If you can work your way up to a Nuthin', you'll be less likely to be taken
to war by some idiot who knows what God wants. Possibly you will be
less credulous about inspired recipes, and therefore make better bread,
and do other things more rationally, as well.

> ... Let me revise to say I liked your full page. http://tinyurl.com/35jggn

Why be so roundabout? Here it is in its naked (MSWord97) glory:
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/di...ions%5FRev.doc
(10 min. kneading is probably too long -- I should fix that.)
This one should not be overlooked:
http://lumpymuffins.home.comcast.net...h/NoWaste.html

> Samartha's Wu Wei is fun, too. Though I haven't the foggiest idea what
> Wu Wei means.

Gurus need to seem mysterious.

--
Dicky