Posted to rec.food.cooking
none none is offline

Default Hey Dave, check out my shopping cart!

jmcquown wrote:
> none wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> *But* I also got a couple of pork steaks to throw on the grill later
>>> in the week. Also some catfish fillets and crawfish tail meat
>>> (gonna make one of my signature dishes, Catfish Acadian, next
>>> weekend, recipe to follow).
>>>
>>> Catfish Acadian
>>>
>>> 2 lbs. catfish fillets
>>> seasoned flour
>>> olive oil
>>> butter
>>> diced onions and garlic or shallots
>>> diced bell pepper
>>> diced celery
>>> 1/2 c. crawfish tail meat
>>> 4 large shrimp, chopped
>>> whole cream
>>> salt & cayenne pepper
>>>

>> That sounds almost simple enough for me to try!
>> I've recently been looking into the making of crayfish traps,
>> coincidentally enough... The last trout I caught on a dry fly had a
>> whole baby crayfish in it's stomach, so I know we've got crayfish
>> here! Any tips on the quantity of whole (heavy?) cream your recipe
>> might use?

> Sorry, I just eyeball the amount (same with the butter, olive oil and salt &
> cayenne pepper). I'd say about 8 fluid oz. You don't really want too much
> sauce.
>
> Jill

Ok, I'll just "wing it" if I can get my act together around here and try
something more time-consuming than heating up frozen cheese ravioli from
a bag, with marinara sauce from a jar. I'm ashamed of myself, but my
stomach is full! I'm also still trying to figure out why farm-raised
catfish at Costco is more expensive per pound than the other fish. Trout
are the cheapest, then salmon, dover sole, and then catfish. There was a
time when catfish was po' folk food!
In other news: I just noticed that the Festival brand canned sliced
mushrooms I bought at Costco are a "Product of China". Hmmm... Maybe
I'll take them back to the store for a refund.