Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Phyll Phyll is offline
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles
Default An invitation and some inf re Space Cowboy

Dr. Keen,

For new tea drinkers, you may also want to consider these:

Green:
O Anji Baicha: it's naturally "sweet" and highly aromatic.
O Emei Shan Zhuyeqing - also "sweet", aromatic, and can be ricey.
Beautiful looking leaves.
XX Long Jing and Biluochun...I have my reservations. They can taste
green or simply characterless and flat if it's the cheap and low
quality kind.

Black / Red:
- Qimen Hong (malty and can be chocolatey)
- Lapsang Souchong (Ssssmokey!)

Oolong:
Only 2 types of oolong? Why not more? Coffee drinkers will most
likely appreciate the highly roasted kinds.
- Oriental Beauty
- Medium roast Dancong - peachy, fruity, floral aromas, good
aftertaste
- Wuyi Dahongpao / Rougui / Shuixian -- highly frragrant and can be
both masculine and feminine at the same time
- How about Darjeeling and Nepalese oolong's? I know of good sources
in the US.

Pu'er:
Have you found any candidate yet? If not I may have a few that you
might be interested in.

Good luck with the event.

Phyll